In this article, we will do an unsponsored review of the Korean brand Krave sunscreen Beet the Sun.
1 – The Krave brand:
Krave is a Korean brand founded by Liah Yoo, a digital influencer who first worked for Korea’s largest beauty company, AmorePacific. Liah Yoo later created a blog and YouTube channel, then founding the cosmetic brand Krave.
This brand does not test animals and its ingredients are 100% vegan.
So far, Krave has put four products on the market:
• the Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser;
• Beet the Sun sunscreen;
• the Kale-Lalu-YAHA scrub;
• Great Barrier Relief serum.
Of these four products, we decided to try out the Beet the Sun sunscreen, so we present the review of it in this article.
2 – Beet the Sun Presentation:
This protector is packaged in a 50 ml bottle, costing 29 € through Amazon.
It is a chemical protector and comes in a fluid designed for daily use. If you want to know the difference between chemical / physical / mixed sunscreens, read the article https://goldandbeauty.com/en/2018/07/14/the-best-sunscreens-of-2018/
3 – How to apply it:
According to the brand, it should be applied in the morning, as the last step in your skin care routine, at least 15 minutes before going abroad. Apply generously to face, neck and chest, reapplying throughout the day as needed.
If you have questions about how much sunscreen to apply to different areas of the body, read the article.https://goldandbeauty.com/en/2018/08/04/hypermarkets-the-best-sunscreens-body/
4 – The Ingredients:
As we said earlier, Beet the Sun is a chemical protector, highlighting some important sunscreens that offer broad spectrum sun protection against UVB radiation (which contributes to the onset of skin cancer and damages its DNA. ) and UVA radiation (which causes photoaging, collagen damage and hyperpigmentation). These filters include four organic compounds:
• Polysilicone-15: absorbs UVB radiation;
• Ethylhexyl Triazone: marketed as Uvinul T 150, also absorbs UVB radiation;
• Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine: is marketed as Tinosorb S or Escalol; protects from UVB and UVA;
• Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate: absorbs UVA radiation and is marketed as Uvinul A Plus.
If you want to know more about the importance of collagen for your skin and how to use it to fight aging, read the article https://goldandbeauty.com/en/2019/07/28/collagen-supplements-do-they-work/
Other ingredients we highlight are beet root extract, lithospermum root extract (a reddish root plant with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties), macadamia seed oil, the antioxidant EGCG (also very present in tea green), ascorbic sodium phosphate (a derivative of vitamin C), resveratrol (an antioxidant found mainly in the seeds and film of black grapes and red wine) and allantoin.
5 – Our opinion:
• The light texture and easy absorption is one of the great advantages of this protector. It leaves no whitish residue, which makes it even a great option for men as it will remain invisible even in the beard area. It also offers a great foundation for makeup.
• Sunscreens are diverse and sunscreen is high, justifying the 50+ rating.
• Contains quality ingredients, including antioxidants (especially resveratrol and EGCG, previously substantiated by some studies) and vitamin C derivative.
• The presence of beet root extract needs investigation as to its beneficial action on the skin. Although food is very nutritious, topical use of beet is very recent, so it is difficult to give a sound opinion.
• Ingredients include alcohol, a substance seen as controversial in skin care products. The truth is that this ingredient gives chemical filters more stability, allowing them not to degrade so easily throughout the day. However, alcoholic cosmetic products should be avoided by people who have rosacea – in this case, Beet the Sun is not a good option.
The label does not specify whether this protector is water resistant, so reapply throughout the day should be done carefully. In conclusion, Beet the Sun is a great choice in the field of chemical protectors as it offers not only quality sunscreens, but also ingredients that keep skin hydrated and prevent aging. These features, combined with its aesthetically pleasing and residue-free texture, lead us to advise you to try it!