In this article, we will talk about rosacea: what it is, what its causes are and how to treat it, including suggestions of products to apply on the face (see photogallery). It is clarified that this article is not sponsored.
1 – What is rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic inflammation of the skin, which causes redness, warmth and even burning, irregular texture and dilated blood vessels. It mainly affects the face, but it can occur in other parts of the body.
2 – What causes rosacea?
Rosacea is caused by several factors and happens in people with sensitive skin, whose blood vessels dilate with ease. It is exacerbated by heat, sun exposure, inadequate skin care, stress and lack of rest, alcohol consumption and spicy foods, sudden changes in temperature, hot baths and intense physical exercise in hot environments, among others.
3 – Does rosacea have a cure?
So far rosacea has no definitive cure, but it can remain “dormant” (latent) with some proper care and products.
4 – How to treat rosacea?
Rosacea can be treated with some lifestyle adjustments and with the application of some products. If possible, you should consult your dermatologist to get a specific evaluation of your case with your treatment. If you do not want to do this for some reason, here are our lifestyle and product tips!
– Do not do cosmetic treatments like scrubs, peelings, dermaroller, etc .;
– Exercise in cool or out-of-season conditions (early morning or late afternoon);
– when exercising, put a towel soaked in cold water around the neck;
– Drink lots of water and / or let ice cubes melt in your mouth during hotter weather;
– avoid direct exposure to the sun (for example, wear wide-brimmed hats);
– Avoid spicy foods and alcohol consumption.
• Products to use:
The products to use include cleansing, moisturizing, sun protection, specific treatments and make-up. We remind you once again that this article is not sponsored. See the photo gallery and read our application advice:
– Face cleaning should be done with warm water, soft paper or cotton towels (in light compressions, never rubbing) and fingertips (brushes and other cleaning devices are discouraged);
– Then apply the serum and / or moisturizer and let it be well absorbed;
– If you want, you can apply a specific cream for the night;
– The sunscreen should be spread in abundance and allowed to dry between 15 and 20 minutes before applying the make-up;
– To disguise the rosacea, you should apply a green agent that is not very aggressive to the skin, such as those included in the photo gallery;
– Once or twice a week, you can apply a sulfur mask, which has the advantage of also improving acne problems.
• Example of an effective routine with the products indicated in the photo gallery, in order of application:
1st Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming;
2. The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10%;
3rd Isdin Nutratopic Pro AMP crème (if you like, replaced at night by Eucerin Redness Relief night cream);
4th Aveeno Baby Lotion SPF 55 (only in the morning);
5th NYX green liquid broker + usual make-up;
6. Twice a week at night: Dr Dennis Gross Clarifying Colloidal Sulfur Mask.
In general, rosacea sufferers should avoid fragrance products and use physical sunscreens with zinc or titanium dioxide in their composition (read more about this subject here https://goldandbeauty.com/en/2018/07/14/the-best-sunscreens-of-2018/). Substances such as azelaic acid and sulfur are very effective, while other acids and even vitamin C are strongly advised against. On the other hand, those who have dilated blood vessels on the surface of the skin, can treat them with a laser in a qualified professional, because only in this way they can be totally removed.