We researched, experimented and selected!
These are the best body sunscreens that you can buy in hypermarkets. Please note:
- without proper sun protection, UVB rays cause blemishes and some types of cancer, while UVA causes premature aging;
- labels should indicate whether they have UVA protection, but are not obliged to specify the value of UVA protection;
- fragrance have an increased risk of allergy;
- the terms “hypoallergenic” and “without parabens” may be legally used in advertising, but have no medically valid meaning;
- we recommend the use of a product with a minimum of 30 SPF (Sun Protection Factor) as it prevents the passage of 96.7% of UVB radiation (50 SPF prevents the passage of 98%, but this difference of 1.3% is important for very sensitive skin, children and patients with certain skin problems, such as rosacea and melasma);
- the European Commission also recommends protection against ultraviolet A-type rays;
- in order to obtain the protection indicated on the packaging, you must use the right amount and ensure a uniform coverage, so we exclude spray and roll-on versions;
- right amounts (using as a measure a bottle cap – see image): half cap for the face and neck (if you do not have hair, you need a full cap for the head and neck); 1 for each arm (including the hand); 2 for the back and buttocks; 2 for the chest and abdomen; 2 for each leg (including feet);
- any sunscreen should be reapplied every 2 hours;
- quantities and reapplications are particularly important for children!
Here are our favorites, in alphabetical order:
1 – Ambre Solaire (Garnier): Sun Milk SPF 50+;
2 – Cien (Lidl): Sun Milk Solar Classic SPF 50;
3 – L’Oréal: Sublime Sun Cellular Protect SPF 30 Milk;
4 – Nivea: Sun Protect & Bronze Lotion SPF 30;
Do you want to know why? Do not miss our next article!
Watch the full video in our Youtube Channel: