When we expose the skin to ultraviolet radiation, we subjected it to inflammation, collagen degradation, photoaging and wrinkling, among other problems, the most serious of which is undoubtedly skin cancer. Consistent use of adequate sun protection is critical to avoiding these damages.
Correct use of a suitable sunscreen is essential to combat these hazards, but how to choose the best among all those that are for sale?
There are three types of sunscreens: chemical, physical and mixed.
1 – Chemical or organic sunscreens are more attractive at the cosmetic level, because they fuse with the skin without leaving residues. However, they can cause itching and inflammation, especially in the eye area. We recommend:
- NEUTROGENA Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 100+ – about €13;
- NEUTROGENA Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55 – about €13 (suitable for acne prone skin);
2 – Mineral or physical sunscreens are very efficient and tolerable, but tend to leave residue on the skin and, in some cases, a whitish film. We recommend:
- AVÈNE Mineral Milk SPF 50+ 100 ml – €11.83 to €19.93;
- AVÈNE Mineral Fluid with Color SPF 50+ 40 ml – €11.19 to €18.45;
- BIODERMA Photoderm Nude Touch SPF 50+ (Natural, light or golden) – €11.29 At €19.85;
- ISDIN Fotoultra Age Repair Texture Water Light FPS 50 – €20.25 to €27.95;
- ISDIN Fotoultra 100 Active Unify COLOR Fusion Fluid FPS 50+ – €20.25 to €32.85;
- ISDIN Fotoultra Solar Allergy Fusion Fluid FPS 100+ – €20.25 to €32.70 (suitable for sun allergy).
3 – Mixed sunscreens combine chemical and physical filters. They fuse well with the skin, but require constant reapplication to remain photostable. We recommend:
- ANESSA Perfect UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster SPF 50+ PA ++++ – €48.20 (from the Japanese brand Shiseido);
- HEIMISH Artless Glow Base SPF 50+ / PA ++ – €22.55 (excellent as primer before make-up);
- HELIOCARE Ultra Cream – €20.32 to €32.11.
So that you can reapply sunscreen throughout the day even when you use makeup, you can use a spray or powder protector. We recommend:
- BIODERMA Hydrabio Hydrating Mist Photoprotective SPF30 50ml – €8.89 to €13.93;
- VICHY Ideal Soleil FPS50 + Solar Face Mask 75ml – €9.04 to €16.10;
- ISDIN Photoprotector SunBrush Mineral SPF 50+ (or SPF 30+) – €22.60 to €35;
- HELIOCARE Compact Oil-free FPS 50 – €16.27 to €25.45;
- LA ROCHE-POSAY Anthelios XL Protector Sun Face Compact Factor Protection 50+ – €10.37 to €23.85.
Watch the video in our Youtube channel: